We are currently seeking a Day Porter to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of the hotel throughout while providing the highest level of customer service.
- To liaise with Events Manager/Duty Manager with organising details for specific functions, events and weddings.
- To set up meeting and functions rooms to each specific requirement and at a high standard.
- To promptly serve teas and coffee’s at requested times.
- To pass on any relative information or feedback to the Duty Manager/Operations Manager.
- To be well presented for duty in the proper uniform.
- To encourage repeat business from our existing customers.
- To ensure the correct billing and cashiering procedures for our customers.
- To do bus runs as required by the Hotel.
- To assist with guests’ luggage when required.
- To attend any meetings or training sessions/courses as required by Management.
- To assist fellow employees to perform similar or related jobs as and when necessary.
- To ensure guest satisfaction by performing such duties as attending to their requests and enquiries courteously and efficiently and accepting changes or additions in work hours which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to Hotel Guests and Patrons.
- To clean and maintain the work area, materials and equivalent, to report defective materials and equipment to superior.
- To arrive to work in full uniform and presented in a professional manner. Hair needs to be tied up and off the face.
- To be fully conversant with Hotel Fire, Bomb and Emergency Procedures, Hotel and Company Security Procedures, Hotel Health & Safety Policy and Procedures,Hotel Facilities and Attractions, Hotel Standards of Operation and Departmental Procedures.
- To continuously endeavour to improve the knowledge of the job.
- To undertake any reasonable request made by Management.
- To be flexible in your role and the hours you work.
- To continuously build and maintain relationships with colleagues in every department.
- To promote and sell the hotel products & services and have full knowledge of them.
- To support and actively promote the Hotel’s core values.