We are currently seeking a Kitchen Porter to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the Head Chef and the Senior Kitchen Porter to achieve the smooth running of the kitchen, achieving standards of hygiene within the department to legal and company requirements.
- To ensure adherence to the Cleaning Roster
- Clean all crockery through the Dishwasher
- Clean Dishwasher in the morning, afternoon and at the end of the night.
- Clean all Pots, Pans, Trays, Flats, Plastics, and heavy-duty utensils in the sinks.
- To complete checks on the Refuge Bags and empty when needed.
- Sweep the kitchen floor in the morning, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor in the afternoon and at the end of the night.
- Overseeing at least twice daily the cleaning of the staff canteen
- Stack and store all equipment in correct areas.
- Compact all rubbish and remove bins from Compactor on the following evenings, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday night.
- Clear all rubbish from the Back yard
- To ensure awareness of the procedures to follow in the event of fire in line with the departmental fire plan and Fire Precautions Act.
- To ensure full adherence to hygiene and safety in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1989, and the hotel Health and Safety Policy
- To attend any meetings or training sessions/courses as required by Management.
- To assist fellow employees to perform similar or related jobs as and when necessary.
- To ensure guest satisfaction by performing such duties as attending to their requests and enquiries courteously and efficiently and accepting changes or additions in work hours which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to Hotel Guests and Patrons.
- To clean and maintain the work area, materials and equivalent, to report defective materials and equipment to superior.
- To arrive to work in full uniform and presented in a professional manner.
- To be fully conversant with Hotel Fire, Bomb and Emergency Procedures, Hotel and Company Security Procedures, Hotel Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, Hotel Standards of Operation and Departmental Procedures.
- To continuously endeavour to improve the knowledge of the job.
- To undertake any reasonable request made by Management.
- To be flexible in your role and the hours you work.
- To continuously build and maintain relationships with colleagues in every department.
- To support and actively promote the Hotel’s core values